What is Chemotherapy?
Chemotherapy is useful to reduce the size of the cancer prior to surgery, destroy all cancer cells left behind after surgery, and treating certain kinds of blood cancer
However, chemotherapy also have side effects, namely:
- kidney damage
- irritate the oral cavity
- hair loss
- decrease sexual desire
how to deal with side effects:
- provision of anti-nausea and vomiting
- when you feel queasy sitting up fresh
- eat foods high in protein and carbohydrates (puddings, cereals, meatballs, pudding, milk, toast, soup, yoghurt, cheese, condensed milk, dates, nuts, etc.)
- do oral care by brushing your teeth before bed and after eating. If it can not brush his teeth because of gum bleeding, apply the cleaner mouth
- give lip moisturizer as needed
- avoid smoking, spicy food and water ice.
In some studies chemotherapy can reduce the number of deaths early stage cancer patients, but for patients with late stage cancer / metastasis, chemotherapy is only able to delay death or prolong the lifespan of the patient for a while. However man can only hope that while recent events only God disposes.